Starting at the beginning!

Welcome, welcome!!  You have landed on our little corner of the web and we are pleased as pie to have you!

This blog will hopefully be the start to a wonderful relationship with the interwebs and those that might actually read about our crazy little lucky cluck farm life.  I have a lot to say and figure that typing it out is a GREAT idea and getting to share ideas, thoughts, recipes, tips, tricks and my general craziness is the BEST idea.  I am a 40ish mom of 6 boys...YES 6 of them.  They are aged 13-20 and let me tell you, I never ever knew that boys could eat so dang much.  See, teenage girls don't eat like teenage boys, at least I know I did not.  I am married to Mr. C, my partner in crime, my Mister Fixer, my builder and tinkerer, my best friend.  I work full time for a University in Texas and then go home and work full time as a wife, mom and creative soul.  I just opened an Etsy shop and I am so excited about selling the things I have collected and create.  SO stinking excited!!  :)

I think I will start this blog with a recipe I made this weekend!  It was my Dad's birthday the day after Thanksgiving and he loves coconut cream pie, therefore, after 2 days of cooking Thanksgiving dinner, pies and treat, I decided to make another pie.  There was a lot of pie last week.  I found this on Pinterest (I am addicted to Pinterest) and it turned out amazeballs!  It was the best coconut cream pie I remember ever having.  You should make one..seriously...you should!!

Coconut Cream Pie

Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie ~ This is a tried-and-true, old-fashioned coconut cream pie. Took many years of searching and baking to find the right one and this is it!

I found the recipe on QVC.com of all place, but hey, it is so good I am not going to knock where it came from!  One little change I made the recipe was to add about 1/4 tsp of coconut flavor.  It does not call for it, but it added just a little more coconutty flavor than just putting in the toasted coconut.  Coconutty.  Yes, that is a word.  I think.

If you make it, let me know what you think!

Happy Trails,

Jen

Comments

Popular Posts