Our Son is Army Strong



I guess, first I should tell you a little more about our family.  Mr. C and I have been together going on 4 years and together we have 6 boys between ages 13-20.  In this blog, I will lovingly refer to them as thing #1-thing #6!  Lol!  I LOVE my sons and love being a mom to them.  They are loving, caring, good people and I am proud of the men they are becoming.  That being said, they are boys and well, boys will be boys at times.  We have our struggles with a couple of them that like to push boundaries and we are pretty strict and old school when it comes to A LOT of things.  But again, they are good guys and I am proud of my sons.

Yesterday, Mr. C and thing #3 went to talk to the Air Force recruiter and unfortunately even though we had an appointment, when they arrived the door was locked and they were closed.  I thought that was pretty crappy!  However, it worked out for the best...God always has a reason!  #3 really has been leaning toward the Army so it was all good.  They have a position opening up that is just what he wanted to go into and he (and we) are extremely excited!  He is going to do amazing things and get to travel the world.  I am so proud of him I could just burst!!  Next Friday we get to attend his swearing in ceremony.  I am going to cry, I know it, but that is okay!  I will take lots of pics and share them with you.

*sigh...where does the time go?  I am really feeling nostalgic lately...not sure if it is the holidays, pulling out all of the Christmas stuff I have had since the boys were little, spending time with family, or all of the above.   I do love this time of year, it is my favorite time of the year!  The lights, colors, songs, love, generosity of the season and spending time with family...what's not to love?  This weekend will be filled with Christmas decorating and some baking so get ready for some recipes and pics!

Happy Friday!

Jen

Comments

Popular Posts